Kanopy is a streaming films database specializing in critically acclaimed feature films and award-winning documentaries on political, social, and cultural topics.
Some of the well known producers whose films are available through Kanopy are:
To post content from Kanopy into your course Blackboard site, follow these steps:
1. To begin, select the film you wish to use. Locate the URL link for the film. In the Kanopy database, you will first need to click on "Share/Embed".
2. Copy the link that appears in the box.
3. Next, you will need to convert this link to a proxy url to enable off-campus access. To do this, paste the link into the Proxy URL Generator and click convert. The resulting link features the proxy url as a prefix, with the url for the film immediately following it. Now copy this link.
4. Now open your Blackboard site. Once you determine in what content area the film should appear, hover over "Build Content" and select "Web Link".
5. Enter title and then paste the copied URL and click submit. The film should now be posted.